Tuesday, December 30, 2014

End of Summer Recap. Part 1

More than ever, I craved some serious vitamin D after Jaz was born. I was getting the "baby blue's" and just needed to feel like I had less routine, and more sponteneity. Every day that Dustin had to work, I was taking the kids out on the lawn to enjoy the nice weather. When Dustin had a day off, or even after he would get home from work, he'd do whatever it took to get me out of the house. He could see I was struggling. He's always so selfless, something I am so in love with. Prior to having Jaz, I obviously didn't feel like being 30lbs heavier and 110 degrees, so I didn't want to be outside. I don't handle being too hot very well. I become a beast, to say the least. Not only did I want to be outside, but I wanted my body back. I wanted to feel more confident, and I wanted to be able to grab clothes out of my closet and just get dressed without worrying how it'd make me look or feel. I was extremely exhausted with going through shirt after shirt after shirt to find one that didn't make me look as terrible as I felt about my appearance. Of course, it was all for a good cause, and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but there's something about pregnancy that once you've had your baby you really want to find something that makes you feel less frumpy.

Towards the end of my pregnancy Dustin and I had been on the hunt for a good mountain bike for me to ride. Not just leisurely riding around town, but full on mountain biking sounded more than appealling. (Not that I would be ready for that this summer, maybe next!) Something to help me get my body back in to shape, and a hobby that Dustin and I could do together. We ended up finding one that I adore and I spent the entire end of summer riding from Salina to Redmond up the Willow Creek road, and back home. A good 15 miles. It was rough at first, but I was slowly getting more and more used to riding. Dustin would ride with me on an older mountain bike of his dad's, because he could see how anxious I was to excersise, but moreso, because he loves riding just as much as I do. It also gave me an hour or so without changing diapers or breastfeeding. Me time.

We made some great memories in Jaz's
first few months just staying close to home. Family is everything.

So, here's our end of summer pics. Filled with lots and lots of outside playing.


































No comments: