Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Leibster


To my surprise, my sweet cousin Nicki nominated me for the Liebster award. What is a Liebster award you ask? Ya, I had no idea either. Apparently, according to Nicksters blog, it means "up and coming" in German. So, I take that as a compliment and a challenge. A challenge because, I need to keep up the blogging, and it makes me feel happy that someone out there enjoys reading it. I think it's easy to slack when you don't think people are reading. But, all in all, I love to blog. I love to get my thoughts out there, and now that I have the summer off, I have been posting so much more.

{There are a couple of rules you have to abide by upon receiving the award. I now get to pick 5 of my favorite blogs (they have to have less then 100 followers) and give them the award also. Then I get to divulge 5 personal things about myself.}

So, I nominate:
1. My Mama. I don't know if she will do it or not, she may be taking a break from blogging, but I love to read her posts!

2. Shantel. She recently started blogging when she had her sweet baby boy, and nothings like a Liebster blog right outta the gate, right?! I love to read blogs that share insight to peoples lives.

3. Tiff N. Tiff and I met in 2008 when our hubby's sold security systems together. We really hit it off, and had so much fun together! I don't get to see Tiff near as much as I used to. So I love catching up with a blog update.

4. Beth. I just love this girl. She's super funny, happy, and the sweetest person. She has 2 adorable kids, and she's one great mommy!

5. Jordan. She is my oldest friend (not that she's old, we have been friends since she was 1 and I was 3). I just love how witty she is. She is married and has two kitties, and she has a passion for photography.


Five PERSONAL things about myself-

So, I'm kind of strange when it comes to this kind of stuff. I really want my 5 things to be interesting and something you all honestly don't know about me. I like to be candid so people can relate, and keeping it real is always funner to read.

One- I love to look for motivation. What I mean by this is that when I am starting to get bored or complacent in school, work, religion, and just life in general, I like to find ways to make it more enjoyable. Let's be honest, sometimes we go about things as if it's a pain in the "A" to do it, and I hate being like that. People that are intelligent, and know so much, that are unique and interesting to talk to...those are the types of people I love to be around. There are people like this on television, in magazines, in my community, bloggers, etc. One thing I like to do is figure out where I'm at in life...what I need to work on...what I am not happy with myself about...and find a way to get inspired. I was slacking big time last year with school and being pregnant while Dustin was away for academy, and I found this book..."The Everygirl's Guide to Life" by Maria Menounos. I know, it sounds like it's probably corny because she's a celebrity and all. But, truth is, she's really down to earth, and her book is a lot about simplicity. It's filled with ways to organize your life, your house, it has make-up and work-out and work related tips. It was awesome. Other books that are motivational are- "Truth: Straight Talk for Women Living in a Dumb-downed World"  by Lisa Bloom.. "Somwhere Inside" by Laura Ling and Lisa Ling, and I loved "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman.  Also, I love to go to church, and experience that feeling of rejuvenation. Odd word to describe it, but when I leave church, I feel ready to conquer my week. I haven't always been this way, and I'm not ashamed to say it. I think that we all need life experiences and self-searching to get to that point.

Two- Intrigued by the old and wise. I have always, since I was a little girl, been this way. I truly enjoy every second of being with "older" people. I'm talking like 70-90's in age. When I was really little, my most perfect day consisted of visiting the elderly people in my town.There were a good 5 that I visited almost every single day. I loved it. Dust and I joke that it's pretty sad that all of my best friends died while I was in elementary. Not meaning that disrespectfully, it is unfortunately the truth.
There's so many reasons why I love it but mainly because growing up with 4 kids and a working mom and dad, I think it was a peaceful feeling to be able to sit and talk about anything and everything. The people I visited were old, and didn't have busy lives, they made me feel like they had all of the time in the world for me. I loved learning about their lives, and experiences as well. I am still like this to this very day. I visit Lilly almost every day.  She has so much insight, and is willing to sit and talk. She's not selfish, critical or judgemental of anything. It's just pure conversation.

Three- I try to keep a healthy mind, body, and spirit. Notice I said "try?" I do really well in certain areas while slacking in others, and it's a constant juggle. But, I think that's what life is all about. We have to constantly be bettering ourselves. It doesn't end. It's a conscious effort every day to want to be a better person. I try to cook healthy. I read food blogs, pinterest, magazines, Internet cookbooks, and get recipes from friends and family. I love to cook, but even more so, I like to feel healthy. The saying, "You are what you eat," well, that sticks in my head. Mainly because I'm a 52 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper, and Gold Fish every day. Not pretty. I also try to stay active. I don't always get to work out considering I have to find a sitter and all, but if I don't get to work out, I try to do something active with Jaiya. And as for a healthy spirit, that's something I do every day. Whether it be a prayer, a good read, or church on Sunday. I do try to stay close with my Heavenly Father. I feel so much more involved in my religion than I ever have. I think because once you are away from home, married and have became a mother, you either decide to "be" or "not to be" an active member in your church. I chose to "be." I want that for Jaiya, for Dustin, but mostly for me. I truly am at my happiest when I live a worthy life, attend church, and add some sort of spirituality in my day. I know I still have A LOT to work on, but I'm doing just that, working on it.

Four- I'm a deep thinker. As you can tell from the previous paragraphs... I analyze everything. It's something that I used to hate about myself, but now, I've learned it can be a good quality. It's important to really put thought in to things you do. I guess in a way, it's some form of meditation. It makes you aware of your true thoughts and feelings.

Five-  I love nothing more than being a wife and Mommy. Nothing else matters unless I have these two in my life. I would do anything for them, and I know they'd do the same for me. I have been blessed with a husband who is proud of me, loves me, and helps with everything. He is so involved. Especially as a daddy. Dustin wants to be present for everything Jaiya does, and I love that about him. Jaiya is a ball of joy, so loving and sweet. She has taught me SO much about myself. It's amazing what truly matters and doesn't matter once you have became a Mommy.

And, that's me. I know, I have some intense thoughts, but I truly enjoyed every second of that. I can't wait to read what you other nominees have in store for us! And, thanks again Nicki!!!

2 comments:

Camille said...

VERY well said!!! You are such an inspiration!!! I need to grow up to be like YOU!!!! :) And...ummm...ok, I'm not gonna lie, I just might not pass on the torch!! BUT! I appreciate it and YOU so much!!! NEVER forget that!!!!

Swilor Family said...

Ok, I loved your post! And I especially can't stop laughing at this... "I'm a 52 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper, and Gold Fish every day." AWESOME! So funny. I was so looking forward to your moms 5 facts! Tell her to reconsider posting!