Monday, June 15, 2009

New York, New York!!!

This past weekend, a few of the girls and I took a quick trip to New York! I have never been there before, and it was amazing! It is such a busy city full of life, art, and shopping! Although we didn't see everything New York has to offer, we were able to get a lot in during our short stay! We stayed at the Marriot Marquis in Times Square (thanks Kellie) that was so nice!

DAY 1:





The New Years Eve ball!



This the building where they film TRL for MTV!




The St. Patricks Cathedral.... It was absolutely AMAZING! I am always in such awe to see beautiful architecture, and the detail that goes in to building cathedrals. I was so glad that we took the time to go inside.



Court and I may have gotten a little bored, and we took some crazy pictures...but this is by far the craziest of them all! Can you believe this chin??? How she does that, I will never know! Court, I mean Chinnigan, you are amazing my friend!!!


Sara and Mason! Isn't he cute!?!

Next, was the Rockefeller Center! It didn't look like it does on the movies, but does anything ever look same? It was so cool to be able to see it, and I also took pictures of the building where they film the TODAY show!

Me and Steve-o holding hands!



Of course, we had to go to Chinatown to shop! Little did we know, the world of purse laundering is very exciting. A lady walked up to a few of the girls asking them if they were interested in Chanel, Gucci, Prada, and ect. purses...so we followed this lady down the street, and around the corner. We stopped in front of this white van where there was a chinese lady wearing a baseball cap. She discretely slipped some papers in to our hands that had pictures of all the purses she was selling. Sara picked a couple, so the chinese lady called on the phone, and about ten minutes later a man plopped a black garbage bag in front of us telling us to hurry, and walked away. (and you aren't allowed to take them out of the bag!) After Sara bought one of the purses the lady who initially confronted us about the purses asked if we wanted to go somewhere where we could see them in person. We did, so she took us to a little souvenir shop. When no one was looking, they opened this little door camoflouged in the wall. We went down into this torn up basement and then into this room FULL of purses. A girls dream! ha They let you look around telling you to hurry, but take your time...ya that doesn't make sense! Needless to say, it was a very exciting part of the trip! I couldn't believe how intense buying a fake purse can be!!!






That night, we were all starving after walking around all day, so we decided to have dinner at Juniors across the street from our hotel! It was yummy!



I ordered the Grilled Cheese with Ham! Mmmm

DAY 2:

Bubba Gumps in the background!


We took the Stanton Island Ferry across the river to see the Statue of Liberty! It was so cool!




Beautiful New York from the ferry!
After the Statue of Liberty we headed to The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway at the Majestic Theater! It was AMAZING. I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed the show, I got the chills everytime they sang!
Then we headed back home to our wonderful hubbies! I missed Dustin so much, and we were only gone for a day and a half! Ha....But it was a great trip, and I had a blast with all of the girls!

7 comments:

Camille said...

Cute pictures!!!! You are quite the travelers :) I'm glad you get to do and see SOOO much! Love ya and miss yer gutts! "MA"

Markell said...

I never thought about dustin and his look alike, but now you mention it.... ha ha Love your blog tital so cute, so how much were your black market purses? I need pictures!

Adam and Dev said...

Glad you had fun in NYC! I went there in March for Spring Break with one of my art history classes, and it is crazy! Did you take the subway? There is just so much to do there! And yes, purse shopping is so funny there!

Courtney and Bridger said...

chinnigan ha ha

brookiebaby said...

So, I may have to take a break from reading your blogs...they just make me too dang jealous!! :)
Glad you're having so much fun!
LUVS!

Carly said...

I am so Jealous you seen Phantom, I love it. Looks like your having the time of you life.

Brasher family said...

Matasha, it looks like you guys are having a blast!! Makes me miss D.C. and New York! I love seeing your pictures and remembering when I visted all the places you're seeing now.

It's a little more fun than Dallas, huh?!! :)