Friday, July 20, 2012

Morning Routine. Every morning.

I am so blessed to wake up to this beautiful face every day...


I just have to share with you how every morning at our house goes...


Jaiya wakes up around 8-ish, give er' take a half an hour, and yells from her crib:
 "mamma, I wake."

  "mamma!"

  "mamma!" (meanwhile, I'm trying with all my might to peel open my sleepy, heavy eyelids.)

"mamma. Eat. Pweas."

Finally I've mustered up the small amount of energy I have in my system in the morning (I'm SO not a morning person and envy you who are!) and go in to see my beautiful baby girl standing in her crib.

 As soon as I enter the room she starts sighing and saying "awwwwwww" in the most enthusiastic way possible. It's so cute. Even in the morning. And then she gives me a big hug and lays her sweet lil head on my shoulder, awww-ing and now patting my back!

"mamma tied-owed?" (tired)

Me: "yep, mommy's tired."

"awwww..."

Then I plop her on the couch with her blanky, a sippy with chocac (chocolate in jaiya talk) milk, and some sort of fruit. I flip on the DVR'd Dora, and sink into the couch til I am fully awake. If I do happen to dose off, jaiya yells, "wake up!" "wake up mamma!" and slaps me on the head! It's lovely. Or she won't let me sit on a separate couch and she says, "sit by jaiya, pweas," so of course, with her cute little toddler lisp I can't resist! And I cuddle with my baby! (she will hold the title of "baby" until she's 30 probably, and even then it may not stop, but I'm fully aware my 1 year old is a toddler and it's going by too fast!) Love my mommy life. Its busy. Especially with every day duties like work, and school (soon), and taking jaiya everywhere I know exists so she can have a fun summer, but I wouldn't change a thing. I am exactly where I have always wanted to be in life.

Here's a quote to think about:
"In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed." -Sid Ceaser

so there ya have it people, reach your goals in life, whatever you strive to be, but don't forget to enjoy...

3 comments:

Camille said...

Oh I love that lil Bug!!!! She is such a HaPPy lil thing and SOOO loving!!! :) I'm so blessed to be her "Gwamma"!!! And to be YOUR Mom!

Hazlett Family said...

So cute. Sounds like she is talking quite well. I think our girls are the same age and my baby girl barely says anything. I think she is a good mix of both you and Dustin.

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Aww how fun! The 1st thing Jax says when he wakes up is "I 'ant Ty". He's no baby and he won't be treated that way. I need a little cuddly girl to treat as my baby forever too! Jaiya is such a doll!