Tuesday, July 17, 2012

IHC and ME

Cheesy title, I know. But, that's ok, because I am so stoked (do people still say that?) about my new JOB. Yes, I am now an IHC employee at the Sevier Valley Medical Center in Richfield. It came as a complete shock, to say the least, that something opened up. I have been hired as PRN (as needed)so the hours are all over the place. Again, nothing I'm picky over considering it's a job!

More work/school related news, I am no longer doing Sonography. When I tell people that, I immediately get condolences and they look at me like, "You poor thing, you were so excited..." Yes, I was excited, but this is NOT bad news. I had a "talk" with my boss, and if I want to have a future at SVMC, sonography was not the way to go. A while back, I was going back and forth between CT and Sonography, and I ultimately decided on sonography because I thought that it would make me more marketable. I knew I was gonna have to be lenient considering we live in a small town and jobs are minimal. So, CT/MRI was tied for first place in career options and I just simply moved from one to the other. I start in August, and I am looking forward to this being the last year and a half of school. I have spent 6 1/2 years of my life in college, and I can now see the light and the end of the tunnel. It feels awesome.

  So, because blog posts are boring without a pic or two, I have some pictures of my first day as an "official" radiographer.



And, I know most of you have had iPad's for a while, but I am thrilled to have typed this post on my brand new iPad. I'm not one to get all ecstatic over technology, but this was an excellent investment! Thanks to my honey for randomly deciding to get me one!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Yay for my lil CT girl!!! You'll do GREAT!!!! You have accomplished so much and I am SOOOO proud of you!!!!!