Monday, January 24, 2011

"Punkin"

Well, our little bundle of joy has taken on the name of "PUNKIN." I guess nicknames are my thing, but I never expected for that to be hers...It just comes natural for me to say it. So...it stuck.

Punkin has grown and changed SO much.
She now:
At about 3 weeks of age, she started smiling, and she smiles SO much.
She started coo-ing at about a month.
She still has ALL of her hair. (even in the back)
She has pooped and pee'd on our bed about a dozen times. And even though she is tiny and only drinking milk, she manages to really make a mess!
She has an appetite like her Mamma (as her daddy says). She at times eats 8 oz. in one feeding. I am still nursing, but I have to supplement with formula or milk that I have pumped at work, because I just can't keep her full.
She loves when Mommy or Daddy bounces and rocks her to sleep.
She get's up once or twice a night. Thank goodness, because Mamma doesn't function very well on no sleep. I might as well be a walking, ornery zombie...
She loves her hair tickled.
She LOVES baths.
As of January 12th she weighed about 12lbs. She has grown so much.
She has hummed herself to sleep since she was only a few weeks old.
She recognizes Mommy and Daddy's voices.
She is such a pleasant baby. She doesn't fuss unless she is hungry. She just chills, and goes with the flow. Even in the middle of the night when she wakes up she doesn't cry. I just hear her in her bassinet coo-ing and making noises, and I know she is awake and ready to eat. I have tried waiting for her to fuss, but she is just barely getting to the point where she will fuss to eat. I asked the doctor a while back if it was normal that she didn't cry. He just simply said, "You just have a very good baby!" Yes I do!


She had her first sleepover with Hadlee and Houston Saturday night. I love this pic. She cheesed it for the camera...she has only had a zillion pictures since she was born...she is definitely a pro now!


Same day. They went to grandma's house for a bit while their Mommy's went out to dinner!

6 comments:

Luke and Mariah said...

I CANNOT believe her smile!! It just could light up the whole world! You are one lucky mama! She is such a doll; I just can't believe it!! I can't wait to see her for real! And Tash, you look amazing as always! Miss you!

Swilor Family said...

Love the update! And the SMILES! How cute! I can't wait to meet the little cutie!

Wes and Lindsey Cardall said...

Such a big smile for such a small baby! SO CUTE!

Beth said...

I am a walking zombie too, it's not a pretty site.
Glad she is a pleasant baby, makes life all the better!

Cute pictures!

Love that she smiles in most of her pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hadlee

Anonymous said...

Hadlee is just about ready to have a man take her to bed and show her how a baby is made