Saturday, December 15, 2012

This DID NOT just happen....

I could just say....

"Jaiya's two."

And leave it at that, and most of you would know exactly how this little one is acting, but I can't do that. She needs to read this one day. I have been at my wits end at times, ready to pull out my hair, but I just know that this all has to be documented so we will laugh hysterically together at what her poor Mom and Dad went through.


The purpose of this post is to tell you about Sunday. A Sunday that was more eventful than I'd hoped.

To set all of this up, you must know that I woke up in a terrific mood. I was so happy finals were over, and we had a great night watching a movie with friends the night before. Dustin was still in bed, cause he works his last night shift that night, and I was surprisingly on good track to get us to church in time. Our church doesn't start until 12:30 and even with a later church, I miraculously find myself running late...imagine that. So. Here I am, running on time, I've already showered, made breakfast, a chocolate sippy, started laundry, ran Jaiya's bath water, and was ready to put her in the tub.

I go get her, put her in her nice warm bath water full of toys, and start on my make-up. She yells that she has to go potty, so I of course tell her to get out of the tub and go quickly....she does.

I run in to the kitchen super fast to get our lunch cooking...then I'm back to doing my make-up.

I heard her get back in the tub. And that's that.

Little did I know, that in about 30 seconds, my adrenaline was gonna kick in way above your average adrenaline rush, and I was going to be in sheer panic.

Next thing I hear, "Look Mama, the iPad'th bathin'!"

It's completely submerged.

"WHAT!!#$%#%#"

After that...I don't remember much but I grabbed the iPad, ran in to the bedroom with a towel in hand, yelling for Dustin to wake up...cause let's be honest, I can't go through an event like this alone if I don't have to. All the while, I'm shaking it like crazy to let the water drain out of the plug-in area. I'm literally shaking.

Now, it's important for you to know this as well. This iPad was not the cheapest of iPads. I've told Dustin a few times, along with many others, that we were stupid for buying the most expensive darned iPad out there. We didn't need the package deal thingy that allows you to hook up through your phone provider, cause we are switching companies now anyway. We also didn't need the gazillion more GB or whatever that we chose to stupidly get. This is mainly my fault. I get sold REALLY easy by those salesman in Best Buy. Well, any salesman really...

Dustin goes in to tell Jaiya that the iPad is ruined and that it was a gigantic NO NO for putting it in there, then....

The contraption that we have to hold our shampoos, conditioners, soap, razors, wash cloths (it stands in the corner and is anchored at the ceiling and the edge of the tub) comes crashing down on our poor daughter....

I get her out and love on her while Dustin fixes that mess...

Then I smell burning noodles.

Great. Dead iPad, big mess in the bathroom, and I burned lunch.

So, here we are, the iPad has been in rice since Sunday...Still works, but has water throughout the right side of the screen, and we are out nearly a grand for nothin'....

Sigh.

Let's hope that next Sunday is much more pleasant to us.

2 comments:

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Oh my gosh! This story just kept getting worse and worse! I'm sorry that sucks! But these usually end up being goo stories :/ I hope next sunday is better too

Our Family said...

oh my GOSH I can not believe these events especially in the order they occurred!! not good really not good