Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Life's a voyage that's homeward bound....(Herman Melville)

And that pertains to our lives 100%! We LOVE, and are very grateful for all of our travelling, and the opportunities we have had to see so many amazing places, but home is always in the back of our minds! Nothing, and I mean nothing, is like being home....for countless reasons. These simple words explain it well,"...absence makes the heart grow fonder..." I couldn't say it better.
One thing that I truly am grateful for is our families. I cannot even begin to explain how amazing they all are. Our families are our lives, and being away for 4 months seems like a year. The kids grow so fast. Our parents are our biggest fans, and they always support us and help out 110%, whenever the need be. Mike and Candi took care of our yard, and we are SO grateful to them for that. I know it is hard work, and it can be very tedious at times! Thanks guys! We have had people ask, "What keeps you in Salina?"....ummm...need I say more? If you had the great family and friends that we do, you would chose to stay too!


Last Tuesday, the 19th, I started school again at Snow. At first I was a little apprehensive, and very nervous, but after our lab on Tuesday and our ":get to know you:" activity, I am now very excited for this semester. So far, the studying has paid off, and I am putting in about 4 hours a day to Anatomy. That I need. School does not come easy to me like me dear husband who gets straight A's without the slightest bit of sweat n' tears...how would it be? Anyway, we have formed study groups and the girls that I study with are so fun! We have some odd ways of studying and remembering things, but hey, it works for us!!!


My first day back home, I flew in about 12:30 pm, and my mom, Judy and I went to lunch for some much anticipated Cafe Rio, heaven on Earth (next to El Mexi), and the mall for some school shopping. Oh boy do I love to shop...it's a major adrenaline rush for me...We got home about 10:00 that night, and made a quick stop at Kayla and Brady's to say hi. It was nice to come home, and even better, Heather and Brylee were still living at our house. I got to wake up to my little Brylee Lou for about 4 days before they had to head back to Logan for school. I think they should just consider being permanent residents...but that's just me!;)


Here are a few pictures of my first week home: (courtesy of My Ma!)


Playing in the front yard



Precious Moments







Kayla and Brylee


El Mexi with the fam

My brother Jace and I


Heather and Brylee at Grandma Mille's after dinner



Hadlee, Cody, and Wyatt having a sleepover at Grandmas



I had 3 nieces and nephews start kindergarten this year! Wyatt, Hadlee, and Breken:) Hadlee is in my mom's class, and it is so cute, every two seconds she says, "I love you grandma!" The other 2 are at Salina Elementary. I need to get some pictures...They are all so excited to be in school!









2 comments:

the winn-ers said...

Hey Tash
Are you loving being home! We miss you tons! Hope that school is going well for you! Looks like you are having fun with the nieces and nephews!

the winn-ers said...

Hey Tash
Are you loving being home! We miss you tons! Hope that school is going well for you! Looks like you are having fun with the nieces and nephews!